Furniture shipping through freight is a challenging task since it needs to be handled with utmost caution. To prevent damages during furniture shipping, make sure you follow the top tips mentioned in this guide.
Here are some ways to execute furniture shipping successfully:
Invest your time and energy in researching about the transport carrier you would hire in order to successfully ship your furniture across the city or country. You should look for a reliable carrier that falls within the grids of your budget range.
Regular documentation of your files, receipts and inventory must be executed carefully. Through documentation, you would be able to monitor your stock levels, keep a check of your financial transactions and remain updated on the type and date of the furniture’s shipment. This will also help you keep a note on the customer to whom the furniture is being sold.
Make sure you always take pictures of the condition your furniture is in before the shipping. This will allow you to combat against any false proof that might be the client’s fault but they would be blaming your services for it.
In case there is an accident during furniture shipping that may cause damages such as cracks, dents, and marks, insurance would rescue you. In the case of an accident, if your furniture is seriously damaged, you would be able to reap remuneration out of it and won’t have to suffer the loss.
A crucial step before furniture shipping is released is the packaging of your furniture. If the packaging is sturdy enough, only then the furniture would be transported to your customers safely. The best way to go about packaging is by:
- Dismantling the furniture if it is possible
- Wrapping the furniture up in bubble wraps or Styrofoam to prevent direct collisions
- Keep furniture in a cushioned box that would is attached with a soft base. This would give the furniture sufficient room as well as protect it from severe damages.
The ways you place your furniture hold significant importance. If the placement of your furniture is incorrect, it could result in serious damages to your furniture. Appropriate placement of the furniture also determines the room for additional items.
Here is how you should go about the placement of your items before furniture shipping:
- The bulky load must be placed in first. This allows the withdrawal of furniture when the furniture shipping has been executed to be smooth.
- Place the chairs and tables upside down. This allows room on top of these items for smaller items to be delivered during furniture shipping.
- Make sure you cover each and every piece of furniture individually. When the freight is on the move, during furniture shipping, there could be occasional collisions due to speed breakers or sudden brakes. Pre-covered furniture would be secured so even if a bump does cause collision, it wouldn’t leave behind any marks or cracks.
- Make sure you pick the right professional furniture shipping service that would carry your furniture safely!