There’s an art to shipping art. It is not a job you should entrust to just anyone.
Art shipping is not just about packing and shipping small paintings. It’s shipping large masterpieces, glass front canvases, large installations, outdoor sculptures, antiques, etc. These items require, and deserve, special treatment whilst moving and packing.
In addition, these also require advanced equipment and have several other special handling requirements. One of such special requirements for shipping pieces of arts is customized shipping crates specifically fitting the art piece effectively. This customized crate houses your art so there is a minimal chance of it being tempered during the entire process.
We at PakMail have this specialized service formulated to meet the requirements of art enthusiasts. We provide all the special handling requirements a piece of art generally deserves to be handled with.
Whatever the size or type of art piece you want to ship, you should not think twice before contacting PakMail. Our professionals hold just the right expertise to handle all kinds of small and large art items and handle them in the safest manner.
The best part is, you can request for a free quote beforehand just by filling in a quote form. This ensures we provide you with services you can trust, at costs you can afford. Having a quotation in advance also brings transparency into the entire process, as now you know there will not be any hidden costs applicable at the time of billing.
Shipping Artwork and Antiques in Custom Crates
This is what is included in the custom crates used for shipping the art pieces
- Glass front and canvas art
- Layer of glass mask to protect the print, photograph or artwork under glass
- Layer of glassine to protect the canvas
- Wrapped in bubble wrap
- Covered on both sides with corrugated sheets
- Packed in a standard box, custom box or crate
- Empty space in container is filled using packing peanuts.
- Heirlooms and fine china (double boxing)
- Each piece is bubble wrapped before being placed in a box cushioned with packing peanuts
- The box is then placed in a larger box to take the brunt of all handling, shock and vibration while in transit
- This packaging technique is called double boxing
- Shipments are fully covered by our declared value program
If you need help shipping your valuables, we are happy to be of service!