The 10 Golden Rules You Must Be Aware Of Before Art Shipping
f you are one of the talented artists, selling their popularly demanded work of art online, you must acknowledge the golden rules of art shipping.
Let’s take a look at the how to execute art shipping, successfully:
- Packing tape: Invest in the best and the most robust packing tape. The tighter and sturdier the packing tape on your art work would be, the more securely it would be sealed. To ensure a successful shipment, you want to make sure the packing tape is strong and well laid out.
- Packaging box: If your artwork has to be stored in a box, there must be a soft base over which your artwork must be carefully laid. Art shipping can only be successful when the box has a plush base and sufficient space within.
- Art stickers: Before discharging the art shipping, make sure you add large, art-friendly stickers on your art work. This will allow the art to be treated carefully during the shipment. When art shipping is carried out, it is important that those dealing with it avoid bending of the art work.
- Packaging materials: Customary packaging materials used to lack sufficient strength in them that would allow the packaging of art work to be robust, such as strings, ties or brown paper. This is why you should always use modern packaging materials since they add a strong seal to the art shipping and prevents it from being accidentally exposed.
- Labels: Make sure you add the correct postal labels on top of the packaging to execute art shipping successfully. A lack of consideration to the labels will hinder the successful delivery of your art work to the destined location.
- Instructions: If your art shipping carries a return policy, make sure you add informative instructions that would allow successful returns. This can only be possible when you mention the details of your return policies, the instructions on packaging when a customer wants to return the art work and the conditions under which the returns would be accepted.
- Personnel information: When releasing an art shipping, it is of immense importance that you attach your personnel information along with the package. This information should include your return address, your full name, your contact number and your email address. In the case of a return or complaint, it would allow your customer to reach out to you.
- Organization: It is important to maintain organization of your important documents, files, and receipts when releasing art shipping. This eliminates the chances of confusions and allows you to maintain records.
- Insurance: Your art shipping must always be insured. This will allow compensation in case of a mishandling of your fragile product and you would not have to undergo the loss.
- Carrier: Make sure you choose the right carrier who is a pro at handling delicate art shipping.