The Best Way to Ship Furniture from Overseas to USA
Whether you’re moving to the USA because of a job or just because it’s time for a change, it can be quite a daunting task. And if you’re across the ocean, you would naturally want to take all your belongings with you. Shipping your furniture from anywhere is not impossible but can be quite costly.
You can get your furniture shipped by air cargo or by a container transported through the sea. But air cargo will cost you far more than shipment via a container so whichever you opt for – choose according to your requirement and budget.
What is the best way to ship furniture to the USA?
You can ship your furniture either in small parcels or in large freights, depending on your need. But a safe and economical method is a blanket wrap, designed to handle large and delicate items. Shipping service provider Pak Mail Santa Fe NM recommends that you ship your furniture through a reliable shipping service which understands how to handle furniture in the overseas shipping process and make sure they know of the following tips:
- Furniture can take up a lot of space in the container, which is why you will need to pay more to get all your furniture safely to your destination. The best way to ensure safe and profitable shipment is to make sure your drawers, knobs and all the loose parts which can be misplaced or broken are unscrewed and safely kept somewhere. You must also make sure that these drawers and closet doors are sealed with adhesive tape. Not only will this ensure safety, but it will also save up space in the container, making it economical.
- You must also secure the edges of your furniture with either bubble wrap or special covers so that they aren’t damaged.
- Throughout the process of shipping, your furniture will be handled several times by the shipping company. To ensure that it isn’t damaged, you must get it sealed in wooden boxes.
- How your furniture is placed in the container also determines how safely it will be shipped. It should either be stacked or arranged in layers separated by using special platforms.
- Good chances are that your shipping company will already know these tips but you must still discuss them with the provider so that they know you’re aware of the shipping process.
If you require immediate delivery, then of course air freight is your best option, but if you can wait then an economical option is blanket wrap which can take up to a few weeks for delivery. To get better insight and discuss your options, get in touch with Pak Mail Santa Fe NM. Not only are they reliable, but they also specialize in packaging and offer a variety of delivery options to choose which best fits your needs. With Pak Mail, your furniture is covered through their Alternate Declared Value Program so say hello to hassle free shipment overseas.